Libra’s Warehouse remains open with deliveries available within five working days. Our office team are remote working and are contactable on the usual number; +44 (0)1223 895800
Summary of Libra Company Trading Terms Effective 1 JANUARY 2020
(REFERS TO OUR FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS)
Welcome to The Libra Company’s website terms and conditions. These are the terms and conditions on the Usage of our services and the supply of products to you.
Before you place an order with us and you have any questions relating to these Terms, please contact our Customer Services team on +44 (0)1223 895800 or at email@example.com. Our lines are open Monday-Friday, between 8.30 am – 5.00 pm, closed on weekends and Bank Holidays. Please note that all calls to our Customer Services team may be subject to your standard telephone charges. Inbound and outbound calls may be recorded for quality monitoring and training purposes.
This website is operated by The Libra Company. Throughout the site, the terms “We”, “Us” and “Our” refer to The Libra Company. The Libra Company offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditional upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
Upon registration of a Trade account with the Libra company and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms please do not use our Website.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in paragraph 19. Every time you wish to order Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time. These Terms were most recently updated on 06.01.2020.
- All prices are quoted exclusive of Value Added Tax.
- All prices are quoted Ex Works. The Libra Company (Libra) reserves the right to charge for delivery to the customer’s premises as below.
- Sale & Purchase
- Opening orders must be a minimum of £500 and are on a proforma basis. Libra reserves the right to request a deposit of £100 in order to reserve stock. Stock will be held for 10 working days before being released.
- All orders are subject to availability and Libra reserves the right to refuse orders from customers.
- 48 hours notification of cancellation of orders must be made in writing prior to dispatch.
- Back Orders will automatically be sent out unless a cancellation request is received in writing.
- Orders will be held for a maximum of three months before being deleted.
- At Libra’s discretion goods may be accepted for return and credit. Libra reserves the right to charge £50 for collection from the customer’s premises and a 20% re-stocking fee for mainland UK sales.
- Libra reserves the right to wait for 7 days for funds to clear before releasing goods.
- All goods remain the property of Libra until the customer has paid all sums owing to Libra on any account.
- Credit account invoices shall be due for payment in full 30 days from the date of Invoice.
- Payment of invoices shall be made in pounds Sterling (GBP) or Euros in full without deduction or set-off or counterclaim unless otherwise agreed by the Seller.
- Libra reserves the right to withdraw credit facilities at any time and to seek immediate payment of all amounts due.
- Libra will exercise its statutory right to claim interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under the late payment legislation if it is not paid according to agreed credit terms.
- Interest shall be payable on overdue accounts at the rate of 5% over base rate.
- The withholding of payment to offset against expected credit notes is strictly prohibited.
- Libra must be notified if deliveries cannot be accepted on pallets.
- Third-Party Drivers are unaccompanied and may require assistance with unloading. Pallets may be removed at the driver’s discretion. Deliveries to private/residential address are not permitted unless in exceptional circumstances where the access is good and/or to do so is beneficial to Libra.
- England, Scottish Lowlands & Wales: Carriage Paid Orders are £500 and over, the minimum order value we can accept is £300. Orders of less than £500 will incur carriage costs with a minimum of £50.
- Scottish Highlands & Scottish Islands: Carriage Paid Orders are £800 and over. Orders of less than £800 will incur carriage costs with a minimum of £80 per pallet
- Northern/Republic of Ireland: Carriage Paid Orders are £800 and over. Orders of less than £800 will incur carriage costs with a minimum of £100 per pallet.
- Rest of Europe: Minimum order 1000 euros. Terms are ex-works. Delivery will be charged in addition at cost and will be added to your invoice.
- Rest of World: Minimum order £1000. Orders are FOB UK Port or you may collect from Libra, 339 Exning Road, Newmarket, Suffolk, CB8 0AT, England.
- Damages or discrepancies must be reported in writing to our returns help desk within 10 working days of receipt.
- Credits or replacements can only be made once photographic evidence or the goods have been returned for inspection. Customers must contact Libra and an RMA (return of merchandise authorisation number) must be obtained prior to returning goods. All items must be returned in original packaging.
- Libra will respond to all claims within 5 working days.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to check delivery for damages & shortages and to mark the carrier Proof of Delivery accordingly.
- Claims made after the 10th day of delivery date will not be considered.
- All returned goods are subjected to a full Quality Control inspection before any decision regarding a refund is made. The Seller has the final say on whether an item is defective or not. The value of the refund issued is at LIBRA’S discretion. When the decision to refund has been made a Credit Note will be issued to your trade account.
- Intellectual Property and Product Marketing
- The Libra brand name and Libra logo are protected Libra trademarks. You must refrain from using Libra trademarks in a way that may be harmful to the reputation of these trademarks. Libra trademarks and Libra products must be presented on your website in proportion to the current business volume of Libra products you are selling.
- You must not advertise or promote Libra products on eBay, Amazon, Etsy or other Multi Retailer selling websites or in a manner that may damage the reputation of Libra.
- You must not use the name Libra in a domain name. Using a specific subpage named ‘Libra’ is only permitted upon written consent from Libra. Your identity must be clearly visible on every page of your Website, in order to avoid all confusion regarding the identity of the owner of the Website.
- Libra owns the copyright of Libra product photos (Product Photos) and Libra Mood Shots that are used by Libra in its promotional material and on its website. You must only use Product Photos or Mood Shots of products that you have in stock at that time. You must only use one Mood Shot on your website, internet pages or any other marketing material. Express permission must be granted in writing from Libra in the event you wish to use more than one Mood Shot. Product photos of products that are no longer available from Libra for more than one season must not be used.
- The use of Libra Product Photos or Mood Shots outside of Libra Terms and Conditions will result in your Libra account being closed. All Libra imagery must be removed within one month of accounts being terminated.
- Limitation of Liability
- Nothing in these Terms shall limit or exclude the liability of Libra for (a) death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors (as applicable); (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; (c) any matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for Libra to exclude or restrict liability. Subject to the above Libra shall under no circumstances whatever be liable for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with the Terms and the total liability of Libra to you in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with the above terms shall in no circumstances exceed 100% of the price of the Goods.
- Except as set out in these terms, all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the terms.
- Trade Accounts
- Libra is a trade only supplier and requires evidence of business trading before supplying any potential Buyer. The Buyer must provide documentary proof (eg Commercial property lease, Vat Certificate, Business invoices, etc.), as well as a fully completed Libra trade application, which can be found on www.thelibracompany.co.uk
- Libra reserves the right to reject any application it considers is not from a ‘bona fide’ trade buyer.
- Libra reserves the right to close trade accounts without notice.
- Libra reserves the right to change prices without notice.
- Amends to Terms
- Libra reserves the right to amend its trading terms at any time.
- In selling Libra products, you are bound to the most recent version of the Terms.
- The above Terms are governed by English law.
Libra Scale Company Ltd, 339 Exning Rd, Newmarket, Suffolk, CB8 0AT, England
t: + 44 (0) 1223 895 800 e: firstname.lastname@example.org w: thelibracompany.co.uk
t/a The Libra Company Directors: P J McLaughlin, A W Scott Registered in England no: 1678770 VAT no: GB 214 9984 34
Libra Interiors l Social Media Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is: Libra Scale Company Ltd (company no. 1678770) whose registered office is at 339 Exning Rd, Newmarket, Suffolk, CB8 0AT, England
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of Libra Scale Company Ltd and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via:
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be Monday 15th December 2019 at 11.59pm. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- Like the post
- Tag a friend in the comments and let us know what you would like to buy with the £50 voucher
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows:
1 x £50 voucher to spend at the Clearance Showroom at 3 Coldhams Lane, Cambridge, CB1 3EP
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen by an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the Promoter.
- The winner will be notified by DM on Facebook/Instagram within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s names will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.